Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Romantic in Emerald Green

Just before St. Patrick's day, I was in the mood for green in a big way, for a change, and was dying to wear this amazing 'Helene' dress from "PixelDolls". The colour is called Sea glass, but reminded me more of an emerald catching the light, darker and lighter tones of the same gorgeous Green. I loved the old PixelDolls, back before they sold off all their items as limited final sales and revamped their line completely, and I love what they are producing now to a large extent, this dress being a perfect example of the lovely feminine details that "PixelDolls" is best known for. My only issue with this dress, was that the sculptie sleeve parts are not mod, so I could no re-size them, and they needed to be a touch larger so that my upper arm did not peek through the prims. While I understand a designer trying to protect them self by not making items modable, I wished that perhaps it included the sleeve attachments in more then one size, my arms are by no means above average in size, and a bigger gal would have been utterly out of luck. I IMd the designer, dropped a note card, and I know there was a skirt fix that was sent out recently, but I am still waiting to hear on the arm pieces. It's just a shame because when you love something, and I do love this dress, that you can't make it work for your avatar without modifying your shape, and I do not modify my shape at all.

I wanted a romantic feminine hair look with this dress, and love "Armidi Hair" for this purpose, particularly 'The Glamorous III', but I always feel like my forehead is too exposed. My solution, I tacked on some of the "ETD" separate bangs and was realty pleased with how the style looked with the soft, side swept bangs. Simple sheer hosiery from "Battered Boudoir" are a must have staple, and these hot new "Maitreya" Slinky Stilettos in a 'Pine Green' colour. The purse was a freebie from "Yummy" and I think it is still available in the main store in Tableau, I liked how the beading on the bag echoed the look of the embroidered bodice of the dress. I threw on my "EARTTONES" Heirloom Locket, with it's colour change scripted gems, and made them match the dress perfectly. A simple, sweet, romantic look.

Green Goddess [Mar.12/08] 2

Green Goddess [Mar.12/08] 1

Eyes – Celestial Studios, (CS) Optics, Natural Series (Hazel)
Hair – Armidi Hair, The Glamourous III (Midnight I)
Bangs – ETD, Long Bangs Left (Black)
Skin - Celestial Studios, Charmed Line (Tone 20, Red - Diva)
Dress – PixelDolls, Helene, Seaglass
Hose – Battered Boudoir, Boudoir Legs (Delicate, Black)
Purse – Yummy, Vintage 1920’s Black Bead Bag [Freebie]
Necklace – EARTHTONES, Heirloom Locket (Multi/Black)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Shoes – Maitreya, Slinky Stilettos (Pine Green)

No comments: