Thursday, March 6, 2008

Delightful Charisma

At a recent "Shagadelic 60s" Event at PIN UPS, I decided to re-visit one of my favorite looks from "Marlys", the 'Delightful Rubina' Retro Hair and Outfit. Sold separately, they are just so fun, and the fabulous Fro with the Headscarf is so easy to wear! The Top is sweet with an asymmetric collar and hem, and a really great Funky retro pattern. The Skirt is a really sexy number, with sheer lace that leaves little to the imagination, but also made me feel covered enough to get away with it.

At the event, I wore one of my regular "Celestial Studios" skins, but when I went to photograph this look, I decided to try on one of the skins sent to me in a Review Package from Canimal Zephyr. The first one I tried on was this lovely dark 'Charisma' skin from Canimal's new 'Essence' Line. The skins are lovely on the whole, very nicely blended make-ups and I love that Canimal also went to the trouble of developing different brows to work with her skins, a really nice touch. Although it may not be a skin I would wear on a daily basis, let's face it... I am stuck on my Celestials, it is really lovely, and I didn't have to do any shape mods to make it work on my face. I felt like a delightful Ebony Goddess in this skin. I finally got some use out of these "bianca F." lashes, which I have been trying to fiddle with to get to fit forever, they look much more natural with a darker skin, and the gaps between prim lash and eye are not so obvious here.

For shoes, I really didn't know what direction I wanted to go, but then remembered on of my very first purchases from "Stiletto Moody", before her store had officially opened was this adorable Pucci print inspired bootie. I had never worn them, but they fit in perfectly with this look. I kept Jewelry Simple, with a smart bangle from "Shiny Things" and this adorable 'Knit Bead' necklace from "Swallowtail". I think the necklace has a really nice almost Macrame feel to it, very 60s' and very versatile. Now all I need to do is get in line at 'Studio 54' and hope I look hot enough to make it in the door!

Look Of The Day [Mar.3/08] 2

Look Of The Day [Mar.3/08] 1

Skin – Canimal, Essence… of Simplicity (Charisma), worn with Canimal Med. Sharp Arch Brows [Review Copy] (Note: Some Lipgloss/Colour Mods.)
Eyes – Freak Fantasia, Glassy Mustard Green
Lashes – bianca F., Eyelashes (Nere Base)
Hair – Marlys, Delightful Rubina Retro Hair
Skirt/Top Set – Marlys, Delightful Rubina Retro Outfit
Bracelet – Shiny Things, Cleo Bracelet (Silver & Pink)
Necklace – Swallowtail, Knit Necklace (White)
Ring – Caroline’s Jewelry, Gimcrack Diamond Solitaire
Shoes – Stiletto Moody Shoes, Bitch Bootie (PucciPace, Heel)

No comments: