Friday, May 22, 2009

Going Back To caLLie!

Look Of The Day  [May 21/09] 1

I can remember quite clearly the first time I discovered caLLie cLine, the store. I remember being struck by how pretty and girly and fresh the store looked. How welcoming, and I remember thinking this is a sorority girls dream store. It's kind of my impression of the woman that is Callie Cline. She likes to have fun, and party, and she fits in wherever she goes. She makes everyone feel welcome, and she is generous and fun. Today, bloggers from all over the grid are saying thank-you to Callie, thanks for organizing a week of celebrating what we do, thanks for being your fabulous self, and thanks for making everyone around you smile. This outfit is just one of my caLLie favorites, the incredibly fun wiLd cat dress in purpLe, and one of Callie's system layer fat beLts in bLood red. I want to thank Callie, simply for being the wonderful woman she is.

Look Of The Day  [May 21/09] 2

The fun accessories I chose to pair with this look are my always handy Decollage, Bubblegum Pearls, tinted to match the belt. I also pulled on a couple of great and girly bracelets from ::MEZZO::. The sweet Cosmetics Chain Bracelet has some adorably detailed cosmetic bottles dangling from a chain, the set comes with gold, silver, or black metal versions. The Dots Bangle 2Set from ::MEZZO:: is another cute detailed bracelet, it comes in two different coloured versions. The boots are a perfect match, Melanie Zhao's "XINFUL" Boots in Ox Blood Leather from ZHAO Shoes.

Look Of The Day  [May 21/09] 3

The hair is my new favorite from TRUTH Hair, the Linda wig is as close to the shape and texture of my actual hair style as I have found in-world. A combination of sculpted prims and alpha textured whisps, simply amazing. I want to mention my choice of eyes particularly, the Miriel Hazel Eyes. I was saddened to see Miriel's announcement that she plans to close her shop and give up her island in the near future. I urge you to go see her beautiful island and shop for some of her absolutely exceptional creations before they disappear, as too many of our iconic designers seem to be doing lately. Skin is from -AnaLu-, lashes are from MMS (now LeLutka).

Shopping Details:
Dress - caLLie cLine, wiLd cat - purpLe
Belt - caLLie cLine, fat beLt - bLood red
Boots - ~*ZHAO*~, "XINFUL" Boots (Ox Blood Leather)
Necklace - Decollage, Bubblegum Pearls Necklace
Bracelet - ::MEZZO::, Cosmetics Chain Bracelet (Left)
Bracelet - ::MEZZO::, Dots Bangle 2Set (Right)
Hair - TRUTH, TRUTH Hair, Linda, Black & Whites (Night)
Skin - -AnaLu-, *InRainbows* NAT 09 .purplish.
Eyes - Miriel, Hazel Eyes (Big)
Lashes - MMS (now LeLutka), Thora Lashes

2 comments:

Cajsa Lilliehook said...

I love this look on you - especially that hair which is stunning.

Ketsy said...

Thanks Cajsa! :)

~ Ketsy